Wednesday, September 9, 2026

A Little Something Blue

 It seems like a long time since I posted, doesn't it?  Oh, wait, it has been! Almost a month!

I have been busy, with a little bit of time that involved tatting. 

The senior league pool team that my husband and I belong to has started our 2026-2027 schedule this month. This year, I am the captain of our team. This has taken up more of my time than I thought it would, mostly getting things set up for the year. Once I get the hang of it I probably won't have to spend as much time on it. I can hope.

Back in January I posted about a pair of earrings I made to wear when playing in our tournaments. They weren't bad, but I was sure I could do better. I finally tried again. I like these a bit better.


Pool earrings


These earrings a bit more dense, giving more of the impression I was looking for. I had thought to make them 3D, a full ball, but figured these will work just fine. I didn't quite get the center big enough, so the numbers were attached after the tatting. I'm planning to make a few more pairs of different colors, giving me plenty of opportunities to get that right. 

#2 earrings

These are in a navy blue thread though they look black  This color was chosen because the number 2 balls in our sets are blue. Any other earrings I make like this will also match up to the actual pool balls. I will then have a nice choice to wear to any of the pool matches. 

Now I'm off to do a bit of cleaning, which I keep putting off. I'd rather be tatting.

"A game is great, in my view, only if it can be played happily by a sane person of at least average intelligence for several hours a day for fifty years. Both pool and billiards qualify."
Robert Byrne

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/robert_byrne_909953

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about this post, I'd love to hear from you!