The other two rounds I came up with this time around. I have several ideas for the next time I make it - and I do have plans to make it - and my husband has a couple of really neat suggestions, also.
There's nothing here to compare it to so you can't tell the size. It's pretty small, only about 4 inches across. So maybe it's too small to be considered a doily, but I would use it under a vase for a single rose or some such, so I call it a doily.
I've also had another idea in mind that I worked on last night. After seeing all the neat ideas of using a large paperclip as a bookmark, I thought a large paperclip with a horse head would be neat. Now, I make my own bookmarks and doilies and such, but coming up with something like this has not turned out well. I'm not showing my attempts, just say they met a quick end. But the Internet is our friend and makes finding the many wonderful people with great ideas easy to find if you go looking.
If you go to ds9designs you will find that Debbie Arnold has a very cute seahorse pattern. I saw it and thought "if you start here and leave that off, it would make a really nice horse head pattern." So last night I tried it with thread I already had on a shuttle. (The colors would have made a wonderful seahorse!).
This is made with Lizbeth Caribbean size 20. I think I need to make the base a little wider and the neck maybe not quite so long. Then I need to try putting it on a paperclip. Maybe in a horse-y color. And then again, maybe not. To be continued...
Most of this last week was spent finishing the butterfly for the Intatters butterfly exchange. I got it done in time (just barely!) and sent it off to Cindy in Minnesota. After I know she has it I will post a picture of it. I thought it came out well and I'm looking forward to sharing it.
Labels: bookmark, butterfly, doily, horse