More bags

I have so enjoyed decorating bags that I have embellished a few more.


I think this one is finished.  Stepping back to look at it I find it pleasing just as it is.


This bird is out of different material than the first one I did.  I'm trying to add some white to the tree branches to make it look like touches of snow, but it hasn't quite worked out yet. We'll see.


I thought this one was done, but looking at the picture I think it needs just a little more work. 


This one needs a little more something.  I haven't quite decided what yet.

All of these bags are about 6 inches square not counting the handles (which I will iron to have them look nice). I'm planning on taking these to a local craft show later this month where my sister and I have a booth. It would be great if they sell but I can think of several people I could gift these to this Christmas.  And they have just been a lot of fun working on!

Seeing the trees in their fall colors this year has been enjoyable, too. The tree colors have been pretty spectacular around here.  The trees had water when they needed it and cool temperatures without severe weather which makes for pretty leaves. 



Some of the trees on First Street in Newton, Kansas October 30, 2013.


This is looking toward the library from the courthouse in Newton, Kansas, October 30.  Quite the range of colors isn't it?.  I had my camera with me that day and couldn't resist taking a few pictures.  The drive to work this week has given me time to enjoy the gorgeous colors of the trees. 

"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." 
George Eliot
brainyquotes.com

Labels: , , , ,