Getting ready

One day when I felt I should be tatting but couldn't get myself organized to tat something on my list, I tatted this motif.  Nothing fancy or hard, just tatting and hoping something worth keeping would come out of it.

Lizbeth #651 size 20
The center is pretty much the center from last years (?) snowflake with a little something more on the outside.  Not sure what I'm going to do with it, but I like it. 

Mostly I've been very busy tatting planned items, getting ready for the craft show this weekend.  I've decorated a few more bags, made a few ornaments and put together a few odds and ends.  I always think I have more time before a show than I really do so I don't really get busy until the last few weeks - way later than I should.

Then I stress about what I don't have done, and how I'm going to get it done.

This week I have taken a couple of days vacation just to get ready.  I have a plan, a list of things that still need to be accomplished.  If I don't have a plan I wonder around in circles (it seems) and get very little done, but with a plan the most important things usually end up getting finished. Sometimes late the night before but finished.  With a few days off this week to get ready could this be the show that I'm ready for early?

Hahahahaha! Probably not.

But I still enjoy doing craft shows whether I get everything done or not, or even if I sell much or not.  Tatting is put out there for people to see, and sometimes I get to talk to a few about it, too. Who knows, maybe someone will be intrigued enough about it to want to learn how.  And I stretch my imagination coming up with new things to make and get to see what other people have come up with.  

A win all around.

"The trouble with the future is that it usually arrives before we're ready for it."
Arnold H. Glasow
www.brainyquotes.com

Labels: ,