My new shuttle

This is the shuttle my husband made for me for Christmas. So why haven't I posted about it yet? Well, it wasn't quite done. He hadn't gotten the engraving or the finish on until last week. And then my picture wouldn't post right. But here it is at last!

The shuttle is made from oak, and the point is very sharp. It has a rather tall post in it, and overall it is a little thicker than most of the shuttles I'm used to tatting with. It has the year on one side (2009) and my initials on the other. When I added some thread to give it a try we found out the points were a little too tight and had to be sanded down just a touch. I'll have to get used to the added height but it will hold a lot of thread.

Isn't my hubby such a sweetie? I do believe I'll keep him another 30 years.

If you remember from last week, I had trouble posting a picture. I finally just used another picture because I couldn't get the other one to sit straight, it was rotated 90 degrees. The engraving isn't quite as readable in this picture, but you can see it.

I'm wondering if part of the problem wasn't my camera. The computer couldn't even recognize the camera was connected last week and had a tendency to shut off. I thought it was just me not doing something right, but it was the camera. We took it in to see what was wrong and they sent it out for repair. It's not supposed to be back until next week. I'm hoping for an early return but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm working on an exchange piece for Intatters. We're doing pendants. I've not really done jewelry, so we'll see how it comes out. I haven't decided on a pattern yet. I'll probably try to use beads, which I don't use much of, but I think it will really help on a pendant. I'll share what I come up with after it's received by whomever I'm set up with. Let's hope my camera is back by then!!

I didn't get much tatting done this Tatting Tea Tuesday because I did something I very rarely do - I slept late! Very late. I had a bad night last night, nothing bad, just not able to sleep. When I finally got to sleep it was after 4:30 AM or so. This doesn't happen often, which is good, but it makes for a very short day when it happens. I hoping tonight is better!

I hope all of you have a wonderful week.

Labels: , , ,