Snowflakes and Pictures

I made my 'Crowned Wheel' (found on my Patterns tab) in white for the first time.  It's actually the first time I've made it in a solid color instead of a variegated thread.  It looks pretty good as a snowflake.



The small snowflakes are just my doodling around to make small 'flakes for the bags I've been decorating, but I'm pretty sure that some version of these (and more!) are in Patti Duff's 'Minitats' (which is currently sold out) and probably other places as well.  

I haven't gotten much tatting done in the last week due to having family doings for Thanksgiving.  We had three different dinners in three days.  I didn't have to cook for all three - one was catered and not at our house; one was at our house but made by my Son-In-Law; the other at our house where I did almost everything but the turkey which was smoked outside.  We're dining on leftovers still, and will be for several more days.  This is not a bad thing at all - little cooking but a variety of good food :-)

Have you ever had family get-togethers where you want to take pictures but not everyone is all that enthused about it?  As I take a lot of pictures my family knows it's coming and they will just have to suffer through it.  This year I tried to make it fun.  The weather was very mild so we took the set pictures outside.  I had purchased some holiday accessories - Christmas tree head bands, gnome/elf hats, funny glasses - and had everyone wear them for pictures.  I didn't hear nearly as much complaining as I usually do - everyone was laughing too hard. The kids thought it was great and even the guys had fun with it.


Our daughters framing us for the holidays.

It was great to have such a mild holiday weekend where we could spend a lot of time outside and didn't have to bundle up.  I heard that the weather on the east coast was pretty nasty with a lot of travel delays.  Our turn could be coming.  The temp here today was about 65º F, tomorrow the high is supposed to be about 23º.  
And "breezy" - meaning winds 10 to 25 mph.
And maybe snow.
Lovely.

"You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them."
Desmond Tutu
brainyquotes.com


Labels: , , , ,