Grandma's tea cup and a new bookmark

Today for Tatting Tea Tuesday I used a cup and saucer that belonged to my grandmother, the one who taught me to tat. I've always loved this golden tea set. It looks so rich and elegant. And it really looks good with that bookmark, don't you think?

The bookmark is new this week. The center is entwined together before it's joined at the last clover. I've seen something like it somewhere but I don't remember where. Thank you, who ever you are, for a great idea. My husband really likes the look.

This one is made with Lizbeth thread "Springtime" in size 20. And it does look like springtime! I also made one in Lizbeth "Caribbean" with black on the outside. That looked pretty good, too.

This should be #25 of my 25 Motif Challenge. That is a wonderful site. They gather together what other bloggers have done, which is great so you don't miss some wonderful work. I might just have to start it again!

I hope everyone had a few minutes to enjoy a little tatting and a cup of tea. It really is a great idea.

Labels: , ,