It's white all over

Snowman and snowflakes, all in white, at least inside my house. (No snow on the ground here, and I can live with that.) Working all in white is what I've been doing all week. The cute snowman is something I saw on line and decided I just had to try. It's made from an old, inside-out sock (it was washed!). I gifted it to one of my grandsons yesterday. Well, actually, I gave it to his mother to put out on a shelf for decoration because my grandson really liked it when he saw me working on it the other day. I had to do a few things a little different than the directions called for, but I think it turned out well.

The snowflakes are ones I've come up with this last week trying to decide what I wanted for my 2010 Christmas card snowflake. After making all of these I've decided the one I will consider this year's snowflake is the one at the top right.

Speaking of snowflakes, did you see what Kathy did with one? She hung it from the inside a clear plastic ball ornament. It looks great! I've got to try this. I know I had some clear glass ornaments somewhere but I can't find them. If I don't find them I'm going to go get some! I just love this look. Great idea, Kathy!

Today for Tatting Tea Tuesday I'm enjoying a cup of Raspberry Royale tea, a gift from my Advent swap partner on Ravelry. I wasn't sure I'd like it because I'm not that fond of the taste of raspberry, but I was pleasantly surprised. It's pretty good: ) In the spirit of TTT I'm trying a new technique (to me) I saw online yesterday. Who knows, if I really like this, and I can do it, my snowflake for the year may change.

For my Advent gift today my partner sent me a cute little crocheted stocking for the tree and a ball of hand-dyed thread from Crochet 4 U 2 Dye 4 in "Mistletoe", size 20. I'm looking forward to using it. Isn't she the sweetest swap partner ever?

I hope you are taking the time to enjoy the season, without getting too stressed. Take a few minutes for yourself, have a cup of tea and tat a few minutes this week - a gift to yourself.

Labels: , , ,