January funk

I haven't gotten much tatting done lately.  It also seems that what has gotten done has had mistakes.

Take Jane's TIAS 2016.  

I was doing great until Day 6.  It wasn't that it was that difficult but I caught a thread where it shouldn't aught to be and didn't notice it until I was farther along.
2016 TIAS with a mistake   wandasknottythoughts
Jane Eborall's TIAS 2016 Day 6

And this is where I still am.  The way things have been going lately with my tatting I'm afraid to take it out due to the chance of making it worse. 
But I am looking forward to finishing it.  Jane already has Day 8 out; I have a bit of catching up to do.

The doily I currently have in the round robin I'm a part of on Craftree is sitting by my chair waiting on me to finish it. I have it figured out - in my thread - but haven't yet attempted it in the doily colors yet.  I really don't want to mess it up.

I hope I get out of my funk soon.

On a bright note, I found my snowman that came off in the wash.

Button-centered Snowman after being washed  wandasknottythoughts

He looked pretty pathetic.

Button-centered Snowman after being washed still okay wandasknottythoughts

But amazingly his scarf, hat and flower are still attached.  I used craft glue to put them on and I really thought I'd find the tatting but not everything still together.  A little blocking and he'll be as good as new.

I'm hoping a little patience and a little more care will soon get me back to as good as new, or least back to normal!

"You're going to go through tough times - that's life.  But I say, 'Nothing happens to you, it happens for you.'  See the positive in negative events."
Joel Osteen
brainyquote.com

Labels: , ,