Two Crosses

I've mentioned before that my go-to gift for some special occasions are cross bookmarks.  Recently I had two such occasions, one sad, one happy.

I made a cross for my sister-in-law when they recently lost their son.  I couldn't make up my mind which one to tat so I made up one.  I'm not sure I like it that much, but it looks okay. I've tried coming up with a name for it, but they are all sad - "Sorrowful Cross," "Funeral Cross," that type of thing.  I'll come up with something sometime.



"Two Crosses" tatted lace cross made as a gift for a funeral. On wandasknottythoughts.blogspot.com
© Wanda Salmans September 2015

The other occasion was much happier.  We just installed a new pastor at our church, and what better gift to give him than a bookmark for his Bible?  This is a traditional pattern that I've made several times.  It tats up quickly and is a nice size for a Bible. 

"Two Crosses" tatted lace cross bookmark from a traditional pattern. On wandasknottythoughts.blogspot.com

Both bookmarks were made in Lizbeth size 20 thread, in, I think,  #652 Royal Blue.  After making the first I still had plenty of thread for the second one.  It is a suitable color for men or women, don't you think?

I've been doing a lot of tatting lately and still feel I don't have enough time to do all that I would like.  The holidays are fast approaching as well as several birthdays and a craft show in November.  I just can't tat fast enough.  Isn't that the way it goes - when you're busy you keep finding other things to do as well?  I'm thinking I should be making a few more cross bookmarks so I have a few handy when needed.   

Oh! another something I want to be doing.  

"People give one another things that can't be gift wrapped."
Nadine Gordimer
brainyquote.com

Labels: , ,