Emma pattern is posted


I finally finished the pattern for Emma!

It has taken me longer than expected, mostly because I kept trying different stitch counts in a few places.  I think I'm happy with it now.

The one place I did change the stitch count was the chains going up to and down from the top clover. Originally - and how I tatted the edging in the picture - the stitch count was 4 ds on each chain.  But, though it looked good when done, it had to be straightened by blocking or it twisted, so I changed them to 6 ds.  I also changed the two rings before and after those chains, making them 3-3 instead of 4-4.  Now when done it lays nice before any blocking.

It looks like I need to change the pictures I used on the patterns.  On screen it looks okay, but when I printed it the colors are so similar it's a little hard to distinguish.  Maybe it's just my printer?

So, for those who have expressed interest in tatting Emma, the pattern has been added to the patterns tab.

I have another edging done.  I haven't even started writing out the pattern yet, but it is an easier one so shouldn't take long.  Key word: shouldn't.  We'll see - if I think I need to make any changes on this one.

"All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns."
Bruce Lee
brainyquote.com

Labels: ,