Mouse trouble



This is Morgan Mouse.  He's nice and quiet, stays where I put him - most of the time - and never gets in any trouble.  I wish all mice were like him.  I posted about him here.

But there are mice in my house that are nothing like Morgan.  They get into everything!  I have a cabinet they have gotten into that we can't figure out how, but anything I pull out of it has to be washed before use.  I have a large bottle of bleach right by the sink. My hands constantly smells of it - ugh!

But what really made me mad was when I found out that they have been in my thread!!!


A brand new ball of thread - destroyed! I am not a happy tatter right now!

I was looking for thread for Jane's TIAS just before it started and kept noticing these red bits and ends.  I almost couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this ball of thread!   Now I'm having to clean out my thread drawer and figure a way to keep the mice out.  In fact, I'm having to check out the entire dresser.  I have many things I'd rather be doing!

It's days like these that I wish we still had a cat.  We never had this kind of problem with a cat in the house.

On to more pleasant things, like Jane's TIAS.  Here is mine up through Day 5.


There have been a lot of guesses as to what it will be but I don't think any of them are correct - Jane is much too sneaky for that!  My guess has been some kind of plant, but that's only because she's not done one yet for a TIAS. We will have to wait to find the right answer.

Day 6 is going to be available tomorrow, January 21!  I know I'm not the only one looking forward to it.

Will Day 6 be the day it becomes more obvious what it is?  (hahahaha!)



More like Morgan

I have found mice in my house!
Such messes they leave
Everywhere that they roam,
Everywhere in my home.

From cabinet and counter
The stairs and the floor
My house is infested
My patience been tested.

I’d love to send them packing
Clear them out – good bye!
I’ve not yet found a way
That will keep them at bay.

Remember me as I fight
This army of mice.
They aren’t cuddly or cute
As they munch and they scoot.

Why can’t they be like Morgan,
Flat and well behaved?
I could live with mice then.
But these! Go away! Amen.

Wanda Salmans

Labels: , ,