Wooden spools

I was at a thrift shop the other day and noticed in their notions area a handful of wooden spools with a variety of threads on them.  I love wooden spools - I like their look, they are fun to play with, and they remind me of time spent at my grandmothers house.  At 25 cents a spool, how could I not bring them home with me?

Usually when I do something like this the items end up in a drawer or box somewhere because, though I couldn't leave them at the store, I don't really have a use or place for them.  But not this time!  I had a sudden idea and ran with it.


I thought they would make cute Christmas tree decorations.  I added a bit of tatting that I already had, strung a string through the center and, presto! tree ornaments!

Yes, they are hanging on a Christmas tree.  No, I don't have my Christmas decorations up yet. I'm going to have this tree at the craft show this next weekend, using it as a display for my tatted snowflakes.

I've been tatting a lot recently to get ready for this craft show.  I don't feel like I have enough items for it, but I could be wrong. I've been getting everything together today so I can plan out the layout of the tables but ran into a snag when I found one of my tables was broken. My wonderful husband has done some repairs on it but I can't use it until tomorrow.  Then I'll find out just what I have and how I want it laid out for the show.  I'm hoping to have it pretty much together by tomorrow night.  Wouldn't that be a surprise?

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk."
Thomas A. Edison
brainyquote.com

Labels: , ,