Tatted Horse Picture


I finished the horse picture, yay!

After much thought and trial I finally decided on Kraft paper as the background.  It was very hard to come up with a background that showed off the silver horse and the brown saddle without making one or the other disappear.  This choice looked the best of all the colors that were tried.  

Then, of course, what to put with the horse?  Flowers, yes, but how many and what colors?  How about grass? Yes, but long strips? short strips? Critters?  And then how should they be put together?

A lot of time was spent debating and trying out different ideas.  Some worked, some didn't.  I finally took a break from it all and just worked on my vest.  Which really helped, as when I went back to the horse things came together a lot faster.

This picture was taken before the glass went on and I debated about leaving it this way.  But putting the glass on would keep the dust off the tatting, so on it went.  

I'm very happy with the results.
Now I just have to give it to the planned recipient.
About two months late.

Horse (Foal) by Inga Madsen from "Tatted Animals" in Lizbeth  Silver #605 and Mocha Brown Dk #692, size 20
Lady Bug by Sue Hanson in #671 Christmas Red, size 20
Bunny doodle* Mocha Brown Dk #692, size 20
Dandelion and collage ideas from "Tatting Collage" by Lindsay Rogers
*can't remember where I saw this. If anyone knows, please let me know!


"The horse I bet on was so slow, the jockey kept a diary of the trip"
Henny Youngman
www.brainyquote.com

Labels: , , ,