Tatting Tea Tuesday with more horses and butterflies

It's Tatting Tea Tuesday again, and yes, I'm still doing horse and butterfly paperclip bookmarks. They've been a lot of fun and I have a lot of new colors to try them in. I'm getting quite the herd of horses and a rabble of butterflies. Debbie's sea horse makes such a wonderful horse for this, don't you think? The butterflies are my patterns.

All of these bookmarks are made with Lizbeth thread size 20. From the left starting with the horse: horse in Caribbean and purple; butterfly in Grape Pizazz and purple; horse in Grape Pizazz; flower with pearls in Grape Pizazz; butterfly in Jewels and purple; the cross is in purple.

This morning I sat down with a cup of tea to finish off this cross that I started last night. I'm not sure who to credit the pattern to as it's so very basic. You don't so much follow a pattern as follow the logistics of a cross. I vary the count of the double stitches and picots in the rings and chains as the mood dictates every time I make it.

A family member of my boss's family died a few days ago and I thought I'd include a cross in the card for him and his family. Nice idea, I thought. But I had the most horrible time getting this one done! I was joining in the wrong places, twisting threads, tying knots - the wrong kind - left, right and sideways! There was once I tried to close a ring with the body of the cross inside! If I hadn't needed to get it done today I would have put it aside for another day. I finally got it done, in about twice the time it should have taken me. (You'd think I'd had something stronger than tea!) I'm blaming my lack of concentration on my allergies as they have really started bothering me the last few days.

I really need to get on to some other projects, but these bookmarks have been such fun! I guess if I'm going to go to a craft show this fall I'll need a lot, so I shouldn't feel too guilty staying with them. And if I have trouble with them, they're just small stuff, nothing tragic if I tangle the threads a bit - I'll just start over!

Wishing all of you a wonderful week and Happy Tatting!

Labels: , , , ,